Thank you for showing an interest in coming to work at our wonderful school!
We currently have a vacancy for an Upper Key Stage 2 Teacher. Please see below for initial information.
We welcome further enquiries and visits to our school. Please contact the school office to make arrangements or for an application pack - firstname.lastname@example.org
Upper KS2 Teacher Vacancy
MPS 1 – UPS 3
Established, full time
September 2023 start date preferred (flexible start date subject to notice period)
‘Pupils in all year groups are enthusiastic about their learning and proud of their achievements…Pupils in the school have developed a deep sense of respect for themselves, for others and for the school and wider community. Pupils and staff are very proud of their school.’ (Ofsted November 2022)
Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School is a fabulous place to learn and a wonderful place to work. Our highly regarded school is set in the North Yorkshire village of Barkston Ash, within easy reach of Leeds, York and Selby. We serve the Parish of St Joseph The Worker, Sherburn in Elmet and our local community.
We are looking for an experienced and highly effective practitioner who is seeking an opportunity to join a dynamic and successful school that is determined to provide the best for its children, staff and community. We pride ourselves on the enriching education that we provide to all children, where spiritual development, personal development and academic achievement are highly valued.
As a member of the Barkston Ash family, the successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom teacher
- Set the very highest standards for themselves and our children
- Have an excellent knowledge of the KS2 curriculum and effective teaching and learning techniques to deliver challenging and inspirational lessons to our children
- Have highly effective communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to working collaboratively
- Inspire and motivate others
- Uphold our mission statement ‘With God’s guidance, we grow and learn’ in all aspects of school life
- Contribute fully to the life of the school and support our Catholic ethos.
- An environment where every individual is valued and well-being is actively promoted, with initiatives such as ½ day devoted to wellbeing for all staff each term
- The privilege to work with wonderful children who are motivated to learn and demonstrate excellent behaviour
- Supportive families who care deeply about our school and the education of their children
- A welcoming team of experienced, dedicated and ambitious staff and governors
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including NPQs.
If you feel that you have the passion and enthusiasm to contribute to the ongoing development of our popular, friendly and supportive school, we would love to hear from you.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to our school by appointment with the Headteacher.
Recruitment Packs are available from, and should be returned to, the school office: email@example.com.
Barkston Ash is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced and barred DBS disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring service.
Closing Date: 8th June 2023,
Shortlisting: 9th June 2023
Selection process: w/c 12th June 2023
London Road, Barkston Ash, Nr Tadcaster, North Yorkshire LS24 9PS
Mrs Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org