Set in a North Yorkshire village, within easy reach of Leeds, York and Selby, the school enjoys an excellent reputation locally. It serves the Parish of St Joseph The Worker, Sherburn In Elmet. It is the only school in the village of Barkston Ash and therefore also serves the local community.
The school was built in 1856 at a cost of £212 and has grown to meet the needs of the community it serves.
The building comprises a school hall, also used as a dining room, adjacent kitchen, five classrooms, cloaks/toilet facilities, and a well-stocked library area. There is also a Headteacher's Office, Secretary's Office and Staffroom. An ongoing development programme for the building is in place.
The school has a playground, which is marked out for various games, a grassed area which is used for sporting activities, and a play area.
London Road, Barkston Ash, Nr Tadcaster, North Yorkshire LS24 9PS
Mrs Ward: email@example.com