Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School forms part of the parish of St Joseph the Worker at Sherburn in Elmet.
Our parish is made up of two churches:
- St Joseph the Worker, Sherburn in Elmet
- The Immaculate Conception, Scarthingwell.
As a parish family, we pride ourselves on the close links that we have made with each other and often come together as a parish community in worship. We enjoy regular visits to the churches when celebrating our Sacraments and also to perform a variety of concerts, including our EYFS/KS1 Nativity production.
Please follow the link below for the parish website:
At Barkston Ash, we work closely with Father David Bulmer and the Parish of St Joseph the Worker to prepare your children to receive their First Sacraments. Following the Bishop’s directive on when children become eligible to receive first sacraments, we currently begin preparation in the following classes:
- Year 3– First Reconciliation
- Year 4- First Holy Communion
- Year 6– Confirmation
Below is an outline of the plan that Father David has approved for preparation for first sacraments at our school:
- Confirmation (Year 6) – Preparation: October-December. Sacrament: January or February
- First Reconciliation (Year 3) – Preparation: February-March. Sacrament: April
- First Holy Communion (Year 4) – Preparation: April–June. Sacrament: June or July
Preparation, Resources and Sessions
The children will work from their own work books and packs provided by the Parish and written by the Diocese of Leeds, to particularly suit the children within our diocese. Mrs C Ward and Mrs Vaughan will lead preparation in school with support from other staff for each year group.
There is an online portal provided by the diocese to support home learning available at: https://www.dioceseofleeds.org.uk/education/first-sacraments/
London Road, Barkston Ash, Nr Tadcaster, North Yorkshire LS24 9PS
Mrs Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org